Happy Canada Day Images, Quotes, Pictures, Messages, Poems, Wishes, Fun Facts - Canada Day Celebrations
What is Canada Day?According to Wikipedia, Canada Day (French: Fête du Canada) is the national day of Canada. A federal statutory holiday, it celebrates the anniversary of the July 1, 1867, enactment of the Constitution Act, 1867 (then called the British North America Act, 1867), which united the three separate colonies of Canada, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick into a single Dominion within the British Empire called Canada. Originally called Dominion Day (French: Le Jour de la Confédération), the holiday was renamed in 1982, the year the Canada Act was passed. Canada Day celebrations take place throughout the country, as well as in various locations around the world, attended by Canadians living abroad. And, We are celebrating Canada Day 150 or, 150th Happy Birthday of Canada on this Canada Day 2017 by posting Images, Quotes, Pictures, Messages, Poems, Wishes and Fun Facts about Happy Canada Day along with Celebration ways.
Facts about Happy Canada day | 1st of July Fun FactsHere are a few more facts about Canada.
- Canada population is 34.5 million.
- The Maple Leaf and Beaver are Canada’s National Symbols.
- Canada has the longest coastline of any country in the world at 151,600 miles.
- Half of Canada is covered in forests and 10% of the world’s forests are located here.
- Canadians consume more Kraft Dinner .
Happy Canada Day History and Trivia - Canadian Independence Day
- Canada’s national holiday called Canada day or Canada birthday is celebrated on 1st of July.
- Canadians shows around the world history, pride achievements and culture a day of celebration, where many things are going on as celebration in country, since 1868.
The History of Canada Day
- July 1, 1867 : The British North America Act created Canada.
- June 20, 1868 : Governor General Lord Monck signs a proclamation that requests all Her Majesty’s subjects across Canada to celebrate July 1.
- 1879: A federal law makes July 1 a statutory holiday as the “Anniversary of Confederation,” which is called “Dominion Day”.
- October 27, 1982: July 1, “Dominion Day” officially becomes Canada Day.
- July 1, 1917 : The 50th anniversary .
- July 1, 1927 : The 60th anniversary of Confederation.
- July 1, 1967 : The 100th anniversary of Confederation.
- July 1, 2017 : The 150th anniversary of Confederation.
A very large celebration is presented on Parliament Hill. This concert is every year broadcast on CBC TV Channel in Canada as Official Broadcaster for National Event in Canada. The Canada day celebrations was held in the National Capital Region all the month of July in which we can enjoy many cultural, artistic and sport activities . In 2014, 147th Canada Day celebrations was going to organise and in 2017 we are celebrating Canada’s 150th anniversary.
OTTAWA CANADA'S CAPITAL - Toronto is not the Canada's Capital
- Ottawa is the Capital of Canada, where the Canada birthday celebration on July 1st is going to be held on a big level.
- Patriotic party on Parliament Hill, Major’s Hill Park, Jacques Cartier Park and on the closed streets of downtown.
- The Canadians usually gather on Parliament Hill early, for a 9 a.m.
- Flag hoisting/raising ceremony, followed by the Changing of the Guard ceremony at 9:30 a.m.
- And, the carillon concert featuring the Peace Tower bells, at 10 a.m.
- A noon hour show performance by the Snowbirds Demonstration Jacques Cartier Park will host a variety of activities especially for children Like ames, physical activities, performances and inflatable slides. museums and institutions.
- Last, but not the least nobody should miss the fireworks show.
CANADA DAY FIREWORKS | CANADA DAY 2017 | HAPPY CANADA DAY | TRIBUTE | Canadian Independence Day (Watch Video)
Canada day Quotes, Wishes, Messages - Happy Canada Day | Canadian Independence Day | Canada Day 2017We are providing you Canada Day Quotes for the celebration of Canada freedom day or Canada Independence Day. So people share their love for Canada Day by sharing these quotes on Facebook , Whatsapp, Twitter, Pinterest, Stumble Upon or any other social networking sites.
Happy Canada day to all!!!!
Local festivals and celebrations help to build momentum on the road to the 150th anniversary of
Confederation in 2017- "A pivotal milestone in our nationhood and what is sure to be an exceptional year for Canadians and our country. Canadians are encouraged to participate in local, regional and national events and initiatives, and actively contribute ideas for this important event."
- - The Honourable Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages
- - Leon Benoit, Member of Parliament (Vegreville-Wainwright)
“ Your majesty, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, and Madame Houde thanks you from her bottom too."
- Montreal Mayor Camillien Houde, in 1939 to KingGeorge VI
I love my homeland
Which is more popularly known as “The Great White North”,
I love it ,
It is place of peace and solitude .
It is a place Where friends & neighbours gather
A place where love and patience dwell.
Wish u all a very Happy 150th Canada Day!!